Multi-Year Appointment for Part-Time Faculty
Article XIII, sec. B (4), of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between
The New School and ACT-UAW, Local 7902, outlines the
definition of a multi-year appointment for part-time faculty (PTF). (More information about the Collective Bargaining Agreement can be found on the New School Labor Relations Web page.) The multi-year appointment is a three-year appointment for which
eligible PTF members must apply. The length of service needed to qualify begins at the 11th semester or session, and applicants must be in their last year of post-probation or any
year thereafter. Applicants must demonstrate a standard of excellence
through a multi-year appointment review process. The review criteria
for demonstrated excellence include teaching excellence, professional
accomplishments, and service.
In light of Hurricane Sandy, the deadline to notify the university of your interest in applying or reapplying for a multi-year appointment in 2012-2013 has been extended to November 26, 2012.
- Send a current CV electronically from your New School email account to email@example.com by November 26, 2012.
- The subject line of your email should read "Multi-Year Review," and the body of the message must include the following information:
- Your name
- Your New School Banner ID number (N followed by eight digits).
- The division and department or program in which you are currently teaching
- Whether you have previously applied for a multi-year appointment
Applicants will be notified of their eligibility and receive additional information by email to their New School email accounts.