Student Success Network/Starfish
The Student Success Network or by its brand name, Starfish CONNECT™ enhances communication between students and their instructors, advisors, and support services. Our goal is to improve student support and services by having more integrated and efficient ways to track academic progress, flag concerns, and connect students with services they may need.
Here are some things you can do with it:
- Post your appointment times, including preferences regarding appointment lengths, drop-in hours, etc.. This will make it easier for your students to consult with you.
- See profiles and photos for the students you teach.
- Record attendance and get automatic alerts if a student's attendance becomes a matter of concern.
- Efficiently refer individual students for advising, tutoring, health or counseling services, etc., and track their follow-up.
- Record meeting notes, milestones, and progress reports for individual students.
- Connect and coordinate with academic advisors and university support services.
- Flag individual students for issues other than attendance that may require attention.
The usefulness of this tool is dependent, to a large extent, on the faculty members, advisors, and students who use it. Log in through the button to the right. Getting up to speed requires a minimal investment of time, and will save you time in the long run.