Your Feedback Is Important
If you have had a recent experience or have an ongoing interaction with The New School, you can help us understand what we are doing well—and where we need to improve.
Kudos: Let us know when an office and/or individual staff member has performed exceptionally well to make your interaction easier, more efficient, more helpful.
Challenges: Let us know when an experience did not meet your expectations for good service.
Suggestion: Share your ideas to improve services at The New School.
Your feedback will be read by President Van Zandt and shared with staff members who can follow up. In some cases, we may contact you for more information, but we will always respect your anonymity if you prefer.
Providing exceptional service is a commitment across The New School. Whether you are a visitor, student, alumnus, or a member of the faculty or staff, your experience with offices and services at The New School should be characterized by
- Clear and friendly communication
- Prompt and helpful responses
- Efficient, user-friendly processes
We believe that the sense of innovation that infuses our academic programs must also be reflected in our infrastructure. This means we continually strive to put in place operational systems that are highly effective, well integrated, and environmentally friendly.
Here are a few of the areas in which we are setting standards for service excellence:
Information Technology touches every part of the university. It enables and facilitates teaching, learning, research, and operations; provides stable, reliable, and secure core systems such as our network, email, and Banner; and assists thousands of individuals each year with day-to-day technology navigation and troubleshooting. IT initiatives include:
- The creation of IT Central, a service hub for all IT support
- A redesigned, more user-friendly MyNewSchool Web portal
- A flexible and easy-to-navigate online course catalog
- Workday, a state-of-the-art cloud-based application that will transform HR and Finance operations
The Process Improvement Team was formed in 2014 to focus on making processes more efficient. The team works collaboratively to
- Analyze New School policies, procedures, and resources and identify areas where improvements are needed
- Set priorities
- Establish metrics to guide efforts, measure progress, and ensure accountability
If you have a project for which you could use the help of the Process Improvement team, write to Lisa Murray at email@example.com.
Human Resources is committed to helping New School employees navigate the various HR systems and process with ease. HR also works to promote an enriching, service-oriented work environment.
- New employees are welcomed with personalized orientation sessions, benefits counseling, and an invitation to breakfast with the President.
- From signing up for benefits to completing time sheets, an ever-increasing number of basic HR processes can be completed online.
- Through programs like Staff Development Day, employees can update their skills (or develop new ones), interact with colleagues in a fun and informal setting, and connect in a real way to the university’s core values of innovation and engagement.
- The annual Employee Service Awards program publicly recognizes staff members who exemplify the highest standards for service excellence.