First Year Registration

All students newly admitted to Lang are assigned an academic advisor (a guidance counselor), a faculty advisor (a professor), and a peer advisor (an upper-level student). Your faculty advisor will be teaching one of your courses during your first semester and will serve as an academic mentor throughout your studies at Lang. Your peer advisor (called a First Year Fellow) will facilitate your transition to college and help you build important skills in a biweekly workshop. If you have questions about advising resources, contact Academic Advising at 212.229.5100 x2264 or

Instructions for first-year students
For further instructions on the course selection process and registration as well as course descriptions, click here.

Special instructions for dance students
Please indicate whether you were admitted to the Dance program. You will be automatically registered for 7 credits, including your advising course "Improvisation: Embodied," Moving with Somatics, Ballet Practices, and a First-Year Workshop. You should therefore select only a First-Year Writing section and an elective course.

Special instructions for transfer students
New transfer students can register with an advisor beginning July 15. Visit for further details.

Special instructions for students admitted to the dual-degree BA/BFA program with Parsons
New students entering the dual-degree BA/BFA program with Parsons should first register through Parsons for all courses. Students learn about studio requirements through the studio advisor, and then register for a first-year advising seminar.

Special instructions for students admitted to the dual-degree BA/BFA program with Jazz
Jazz placement examinations are administered during orientation week. As a new student entering the dual-degree BA/BFA program with Jazz, you should not register for liberal arts classes until your placement in music classes has been confirmed. You therefore register for all courses—music and liberal arts—during orientation week.

Special instructions for all BA/BFA students
Read the dual-degree BA/BFA Welcome letter.

AP and Transfer Credits
Remember to have official AP score reports mailed to the Admission Office. To request a score report, contact 888.CALL4AP or visit For high school and college transcripts, please contact institutions directly. Mail all information to:

Eugene Lang College Admission
72 Fifth Avenue, 2nd floor
New York, NY 10011 

Set Up Your New School Email
All correspondence about registration and academic records will be sent through your university email account. This guarantees your privacy and protects your identity. If you have not already logged in to your account, please do so now at If you encounter problems logging in, contact the Help Desk at 212.229.5300 x2828.