PhD, Rhetorical Criticism, The Royal College of Art (London);
MDiv, Harvard Divinity School;
BA, The State University of New York
Assistant Teaching ProfessorProfile:
My work as a professor, counselor in private practice, writer, and liturgist focuses on the formulation, articulation, interpretation, and symbolic expression of sacred meaning.Courses Taught:
- Death & Mourning in the Religious Imagination
- Fasting as Spiritual Technology
- The Spiritual Autobiography (freshman seminar/advising course)
- Women’s Spirituality & Contemporary Religion
- Encountering Religious Pluralism
- Searching for Your Soul, Random House, 1999.
Eugene Lang College, The New School for Liberal ArtsPhone Number/Extension:
64 West 11th Street, room 104
New York, NY 10011
212-229-5100 Email:firstname.lastname@example.orgResearch Interests:
Spiritual autobiography/memoir; Contemporary manifestations of American spirituality/religiosity; Lived religion” and Ritual enactments in a pluralistic urban context; Exegeting environment as “text."Professional Affiliations:
Awards and Honors:
- Steering Committee, The Women’s Studies in Religion Program, Harvard University (appointed)
- The Dean’s Leadership Council, Harvard Divinity School (appointed)
- American Academy of Religion, member.
- The West Side Clergy Association, member.
- The Interfaith Center of New York, member.
Distinguished University Teaching Award, 2012-13