- 3:30 p.m.
Building on the successful Spring 2012 conference "Queer Christianities," this symposium brings together important new voices.
Featured speakers Susannah Cornwall (Lincoln Theological Institute, Manchester), speaking on "Queering Susanna: Art. Liturgy, and Queer 'Emptiness'," and Lynne Gerber (University of California, Berkeley) speaking on "Queerish Celibacy, Christian Marriage and the Ex-Gay Movement," are preceded by a student research panel and followed by a panel discussion on New Directions in Queer Christianities.
10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.—Student Research Panel
- Nicholas Laccetti (Union Theological Seminary), Calvary and the Dungeon: Theologizing BDSM
- Justin Allen (Eugene Lang College), Cunt and Congregations: Voguing in the Black Church
- Chris Ashley (Union Theological Seminary), Inverted virtue: Havelock Ellis' theology of Sexual Boundaries
- Karen Bray (Drew University/Eugene Lang College), The Queer God of Failure: When Negative Theology is Cruelly Optimistic
- Respondent: Terry Todd
12:00-1:00 p.m.—Lunch with a special appearance by Mrs. Trixie Cane
of the "I Disown You Right Back" campaign
1:00-2:30 p.m.—Feature Speakers
- Susannah Cornwall (Lincoln Theological Institute, Manchester)
Author of Controversies in Queer Theology and Sex and Uncertainty in the Body of Christ: Intersex Conditions and Christian Theology
- Lynne Gerber (University of California, Berkeley)
Author of Seeking the Straight and Narrow:Weight Loss and Sexual Reorientation in Evangelical America
2:45-3:30 p.m. Closing Panel Discussion
New Directions in Queer Christianities