Effective as of Fall 2012
The major in psychology leads to the Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. Completion of the major requires a minimum of 13 courses. Students should download the Program Requirement Worksheet for Psychology on Lang's Forms and Requirements page to track their progress.
Students majoring in a different program may have the option to elect an academic minor in psychology. Students interested in completing a minor in psychology should review the minor curriculum below.
Students must receive grades of C or higher in all courses taken to meet the requirements for the major or the minor in psychology.
Requirements for the Major in Psychology
- ULEC 2160 Introduction to Psychology (recommended for first year)
- LPSY 2772 Culture, Ethnicity, and Mental Health (recommended for second year)
- LMTH 2030 Statistics with SPSS (recommended for second year)
- LPSY 3601 Methods of Inquiry (recommended for third year)
- Two (2) Fundamentals Courses (2000 Level)
- Two (2) Additional Courses at the 2000 Level
- Three (3) Courses at the 3000 Level
Senior Project (2 Parts)
- LPSY 4001 Senior Work Proposal (recommended for first semester of final year)
- LPSY 4990 Independent Senior Project or LPSY 4995 Collaborative Senior Project (recommended for second semester of final year)
Note Regarding Senior Work
The completion of Senior Work Proposal and Senior Project requires students to collaborate with a faculty member in the Department of Psychology. It is the responsibility of the student to establish contact with a faculty member to discuss the possibility of support for the Senior Project. Contact should be made with a faculty member at least one semester before the commencement of Senior Work Proposal.
Senior Capstone Guidelines 2013-2014 (PDF)
Requirements for the Minor in Psychology
- ULEC 2160 Introduction to Psychology
- Two (2) Fundamentals Courses (2000-level)
- Two (2) Additional Psychology Courses at the 3000-level or higher
Psychology Lab Placements 2013-2014 (PDF)
Important information about the BA/MA program in Psychology (PDF)
Please note: Students are advised to refer to the current program catalog for degree completion requirements and to confirm their progress in satisfying those requirements with their advisors.