The following tracks are provided for your use to complete the prescreen requirement for drum, guitar, piano, and voice applicants. We have provided the files in both Garageband (GRBD) and Audacity (AUD) project files. Here are some basic instructions for using these tracks:
- Download the tracks by clicking on the appropriate file.
- Open in Garageband or Audacity
- Record yourself playing along with the accompaniment on a blank track in the project file (You will need to wear headphones to prevent the accompaniment from being re-recorded on your instrument's track.)
- Listen back to ensure that your entire tune was recorded properly
- Export the tune in an mp3 format
- Upload your tracks here!
If you have any issues downloading the file please contact us. We are not able to provide technical assistance with Garageband, Audacity or any part of the recording process.
Standards Content and Tune Form
All selection content provided below is readily available in legally published jazz standard repertoire books. The following standards are current content for The New School prescreen requirements:
Drums and Guitar
- "All Blues"Key: G Form: 4-bar intro/head/solo for 3 choruses/head/tag 2x
- "Softly as in a Morning Sunrise"Key: C Form: head/solo for 2 choruses/head
- "Straight No Chaser"(Guitar Only)Key: F Form: head for 2 choruses/solo for 4 choruses/head
- "Body & Soul"Key: Db major Form: 2-bar intro/head/solo over AAB/last A play head out
- "All Blues"Key: G Form: 4-bar intro/head/solo for 3 choruses/comp for 3 choruses/head/tag 2x
- "Softly as in a Morning Sunrise"Key: C Form: head/solo for 2 choruses/comp for 2 choruses/head
- "Straight No Chaser"Key: F Form: head for 2 choruses/solo for 3 choruses/comp for 3 choruses/head
- "All Blues"Key: G,Bb, Db, E
- "Body & Soul"Key: Db, Bb, E, G
- "Softly as in a Morning Sunrise"Key: C, F, Eb, A