‘newschool-housing’ is available throughout Kerrey Hall at University Center and in the common areas of the 13th Street, 20th Street, Stuyvesant Park, and Loeb Hall residences.
‘newschool-housing’ uses the IEEE 802.1x standard for authentication. This means that once you’ve signed your device onto the network the first time, it will automatically join the network every time you come in range, without you having to do anything. It also means that all your network traffic will be encrypted, preventing anyone from intercepting it.
Degree or Credit-Seeking Students
When you are on campus with wireless enabled on your laptop or mobile device, simply select ‘newschool-housing’ and log in to it using your New School NetID and password.
- To use ‘newschool-housing’ your computer or device must support IEEE 802.1x. If you have a problem connecting, confirm your device’s 802.1x support or contact the IT Central for further assistance.
- When you are on in a New School residence hall with wireless enabled on your laptop or mobile device, simply select ‘newschool-housing’ and log in to it using your New School NetID and password.
- In most cases, your computer or mobile device will remember your NetID and password and automatically sign on to ‘newschool-housing’ whenever it’s in range. You shouldn’t need to re-enter your NetID and password except:
- If you tell your device to “forget” the ‘newschool-housing’ network (this also causes it to forget your NetID and password)
- If you change (or reset) your NetID password
- If you replace your device