‘newschool-guest’ allows campus guests and visitors access to the wireless network while on campus for web, email, and other communications needs. It is an unencrypted wireless network.
Access is granted in seven-day increments using your email address as your username and a system-generated password. In general, any device that natively supports 802.11 WiFi networking and has a web browser application will work with the Guest Network.
‘newschool-guest’ is available throughout the academic campus now and will be available in housing facilities in fall 2014.
To connect to the 'newschool-guest' wireless network:
- iPhone or an iPad
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi. Under "Choose a Network..." select 'newschool-guest.'
- Android phone or tablet
- Android 2.1 or higher: Go to Settings > Wireless and Networks > WiFi Settings.
- Select 'newschool-guest.'
You should now see that you are connected.
- Next, open your device's web browser and visit a web site (any web site will do). You will be redirected to the New School Guest Wireless Network Authentication page.
- Enter your name, phone number, and email address.
Note: You must include the country code with your mobile number. For North American phone numbers, the country code is '1'."
- Click the “Register” button.
- You will receive a message via both email and SMS text message (to the email address and phone number you provided) with your password.
- Use the email address you registered with as your username and enter the password that was sent to you to log in.
Once you've signed in on a device, that device will be able to use 'newschool-guest' without your having to re-enter your username and password for the next seven days. If you require access for more than seven days, simply re-register for an additional seven days of access while on campus. If you have more than one device (e.g., a phone and a laptop), you may use the same username and password with each device.