Degree or credit-seeking students currently registered may reserve Arnhold Hall Stations and Suites online at least 6 hours in advance, for up to 6 hours at a time. Your reservation may include:
- Specialty scanners (Check-out scanning accessories at the 8th floor reception desk with your New School ID).
- Audio or Video suites
- Voiceover Recording Booth (for use with i820-Audio03 & i817-Audio04 - see FAQ for reservation instructions)
- Audio open lab stations
Degree or Credit-Seeking Students
Six hours of lead time are required to create, modify or cancel a reservation. This is so a person working before you on a station has at least 6 hours to finish his or her session. Reservation may only be made during Lab Hours
Reservable stations and suites are exclusively available at 55 W 13th St, 8th flr.
- You should have prior knowledge of the station or suite requested. No training is provided. To assist you, there are Tip Sheets available online and on-site.
- Present your valid New School ID, and sign in at Arnhold Hall, 8th floor reception to record your attendance.
- There is a 30 minute grace period past your start time. If you are more than 30 minutes late, you will forfeit your reservation and the station may be released to other users.
- Scanning accessories and remotes are available for check-out at 8th floor reception. Pick up studio audio gear and lighting gear at the Equipment Center, 55 West 13th St, Room 921. You are fully responsible for in-house equipment. Check all items and test them thoroughly before signing the contract. If any item is missing or problematic, alert the staff, who will replace it or make a note on the contract. No insurance is provided by the university.
Reserved exclusively online via MyNewSchool. Online reservation schedules are current and valid. You are welcome to use available stations and suites on a walk-in basis.
- If you'd like to stay past your reservation end time, ask the reception staff to make sure there is no reservation starting after the end of yours.
- You must return all in-house equipment in person 30 minutes before the lab closes. Wait while the staff tests the equipment. This may take up to 30 minutes. After testing, the staff member and you will both initial the contract. You may request a copy for your records.
- Any missing or damaged item is noted and investigated. If investigation determines you are clearly at fault, you will be notified to repair or replace the item(s). Until you do, you will be restricted from making reservations.