A variety of scanning options exist throughout campus technology labs including, Small Flatbed Scanners, Large Format Scanners, Transparency, Slide & Film Scanners, Scanners for the Visually Impaired and Imacon Drum Scanners
Degree or Credit-Seeking Students
Scanners are available during either Lab Hours
or classroom hours of operation depending on their location, please check by scanner type.
Small Flatbed Scanners are located in each lab, while specialty scanners are available at select locations. Review the expanded details for each the specialty scanner for exact locations.
The various scanner options available to you in the technology labs will accommodate a variety of use applications.
- Small Flatbed Scanners are located in each lab and scan images of flat art, text and other related media and images.
- Large Format Scanners scan oversized images.
- Transparency, Slide & Film Scanners scan negatives, slides and transparency sheets.
- Scanners for the Visually Impaired scan text (OCR), images of flat art, and create documents that can be read back to the visually impaired.
- The Imacon Drum Scanners use drum scanning technology to capture slides and prints at high resolution.
You can use Photoshop's import tool with most scanners; exceptions are the Imacon scanner, which uses Flexcolor software, and the scanners for the visually impaired which use Kurzweil or Acrobat Professional.