The New School Information Security Office is responsible for developing The New School's university-wide information security vision, strategy, and program. The Information Security Office:
- Performs independent oversight and governance functions for information assurance and protection, information risk management, security incident investigations, business continuity, and disaster recovery across the entire university;
- Works in cooperation with the Office of the General Counsel to interpret laws and regulations governing information security and privacy and provide appropriate compliance oversight;
- Produces and maintains university-wide information security policies and standards that specify required and recommended information security measures and controls;
- Develops methodologies and processes to help New School offices and departments comply with information security policies and standards in a consistent and effective manner;
- Provides expertise and knowledge of current higher education trends in information security and business continuity to ensure parity with peer organizations and improve control processes across the university; and
- Responds to, investigates, and reports on information security incidents.
Degree or Credit-Seeking Students
David A. Curry, CISSP
Director of Information Security
55 West 13th Street, 7th Floor New York, NY 10011
(212) 229-5300 x4728
This page and its sub-pages pertain to computer and information security only.
The New School Security Department is responsible for physical safety and security. Their website is www.newschool.edu/security