- Open Internet Explorer. Go to printing.newschool.edu
- On the left-most column, look for your address under the selection of Building Locations. Click the location (in red) that matches your building address.
- The main window will list the printers available at your location, sorted by address. Click the blue link that corresponds to your printer to begin the installation process. (If your network printer does not appear, contact the Help Desk at email@example.com).
- When prompted to install the printer, click Yes.
- iPrint detects your computer’s operating system and installs the appropriate driver. You may need to minimize your internet browser to see this window.
- Once the drivers are installed, you will see a message, "Printer has been successfully installed." Click OK.
- From the Windows Start Menu, go to Control Panel, Printers and find the printer you just installed.
- Right click and select Set as Default Printer if you wish this to be the default printer.
- Try sending a document to the printer.
Additional Note: Some printers may have custom settings such as additional trays or finishing features such as stapling. If your printer has those features, but they do not appear in the printer properties, contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.