Standard color printers are available accross campus to support your academic printing needs using your printing account credits. All standard color printers print on 100% recycled paper. 8.5" x 11" (letter) and 11" x 17" (tabloid) are the only sizes available.
Costs are as follows:
- Single-sided letter sheets are $0.50 per sheet
- Single-sided tabloid sheets are $1.00 per sheet
- Double-sided letter sheets are $1.00 per sheet
- Double-sided tabloid sheets are $2.00 per sheet
The standard color printers are available during lab hours of operation.
Color printers are available at the following locations.
||6 East 16th Street 6th fl.
55 West 13th Street 4th fl.
55 West 13th Street 8th fl.
||55 West 13th Street 8th fl.
||63 Fifth Avenue 5th fl.
||63 Fifth Avenue Basement
Please review the below workflow tips and best practices before you begin printing in the labs"
- Save large files as NewschoolPDF and print from Acrobat. Save a copy of your file as a PDF. If using an Adobe program such as Illustrator, you will then see a PDF settings window. Make sure NewschoolPDF is selected as the preset. Save the PDF to Work In Progress, and open it with Acrobat Pro.
- Print from the Work In Progress drive. Save your file to Work In Progress, and open it from there. Files printed directly from removable media (flash drive, CD, etc), the Drop Box, the web, or an email attachment may stall the printing network or may become corrupted.
- Be patient in times of heavier traffic. Printers can only process one file at a time. Sending your file more than once only adds to the traffic, slowing everything down. If your document exceeds 20 pages, try printing 20 pages at a time.
- Users may not add or remove paper in lab printers. Printing on your own paper is not allowed.
Make sure you opened your file from the Work In Progress drive. Do not print files from removable media, the "Drop Box" or files opened directly from the Web.
To print, go to File > Print, choose a printer from the pull-down menu and click Print. You will be prompted to enter your NetID and password. After you verify the cost of the job and click OK/Print, your job will print directly to the chosen printer. PDF format is recommended.
Double-sided printing is available on the color printers.
- A Go to File > Print. Print window appears. Select a printer.
- Click Properties.
- Click Finishing.
- Under Document Options make sure Print on Both Sides is checked.
- As usual, click OK to print.
- As usual, go to File > Print
- Change Copies & Pages to Layout
- Under Two-Sided section, make sure to select Long-edge binding.
- Click Print
To change the DOUBLE-SIDED setting to SINGLE-SIDED, follow the above steps... except un-check Print On Both Sides (Windows PC) or select Off in the Two-Sided section (Mac).