Black and white printers are available accross campus to support your academic printing needs using printing account credits. All black and white printers print on 100% recycled paper. 8.5" x 11" (letter) and 11" x 17" (tabloid) are the only sizes available.
Costs for black and white printers are as follows:
- Single-sided sheet is 0.10 print credit points per sheet
- Double-sided sheet 0.15 print credit points per sheet
Double-Sided printing is the default on all black & white printers.
Black and white printers are available during lab hours of operation.
Black and White printers are available at the following locations.
||6 East 16th St, 6th flrs
|6 East 16th St, 7th flrs
||6 East 16th St, 11th flrs
||25 E. 13th St, 2nd flrs
||25 E. 13th St, 3rd flrs
|i802-B&W1 & i802-B&W2
||55 W. 13th St, 8th flrs
||55 W. 13th St, 9th flrs
||63 Fifth Ave, Basement
|U432 B&W1 & U432 B&W2
||63 Fifth Ave, 4th fl
Please review the below workflow tips and best practices before you begin printing in the labs:
- Save large files as NewschoolPDF and print from Acrobat. Save a copy of your file as a PDF. If using an Adobe program such as Illustrator, you will then see a PDF settings window. Select NewschoolPDF as the preset. Save the PDF to Work In Progress, and open it with Acrobat Pro.
- Save to, open, and print work from the Work In Progress drive. Files printed directly from removable media (flash drive, CD, etc), the Drop Box, the web, or an email attachment may stall the printing network or become corrupted.
- Please be patient in times of heavier traffic. Printers can only process one file at a time. Sending your file more than once only adds to the traffic, slowing everything down. If your document exceeds 20 pages, try printing 20 pages at a time.
- Users may not add or remove paper in lab printers. Printing on your own paper is not allowed.
Make sure you opened your file from the Work In Progress drive. Do not print files from removable media, the Drop Box or files opened directly from the Web.
Go to File > Print, choose a printer from the pull-down menu, and click Print. You will be prompted to enter your NetID and password. After you verify the print credits for the job and click OK/Print, your job will print directly to the chosen printer. PDF format is recommended.
To print single-sided on black and white printers, please follow the below instructions.
- A Go to File > Print. Print window appears. Select a printer.
- Click Properties.
- Click Finishing.
- Under Document Options un-check Print on Both Sides.
- As usual, click OK to print.
- As usual, Go to File > Print.
- Change Copies & Pages to Layout.
- Under Two-Sided section, select off.
- Click Print.
To change the SINGLE-SIDED setting to DOUBLE-SIDED, follow the above steps... except check Print On Both Sides (Windows PC) or select Long-edge binding in the Two-Sided section (Mac).