The Equipment Center offers reservation and checkout of audio and video production equipment for field and studio use. A list of available field production equipment can be found on the Equipment Center Kit Details
(PDF) guide. The Equipment Center In-House Gear
(PDF) guide details the studio production gear available for use with the Arnold Hall 8th fl. audio and video suites.
Degree or Credit-Seeking Students
All degree- and credit-seeking students who are registered for the current academic term have "General Access" to checkout most Equipment Center items. "Advanced Access" is available to select majors based on circular needs: Advanced Equipment Center Access
Reservations for field equipment may be made online at least 24 hrs. in advance, with a maximum duration of 4 days, by logging in to MyNewSchool > Services > Equipment and Lab Station Reservations and selecting “Book Equipment for Pick-up” under the Services tab. Walk-in checkouts of field equipment may be made on a first-come, first-served basis, with a maximum duration of 2 days (48 hrs.).
Studio gear is available on a walk-in only basis, and must be returned by Equipment Center closing the same day.
The Equipment Center is located at 55 West 13th St, Rm. 921.
Please review the below items regarding use of Equipment Center items
- A New School ID is required and is the only ID accepted.
- Memory Cards are not provided for any gear.
- You should have prior knowledge of the equipment requested. No training is provided. To assist you, there are tip sheets available online and on-site. There is also a nearby testing area when you pick up your equipment where you can practice hands-on.
- You have the option to cancel a reservation, but you must notify the Equipment Center by either phone, email, or in person. Otherwise, you are logged as a "No Show" and your reservation is voided.
- You must pick up your equipment in person at the scheduled start time. There is a 3 hour grace period for pick-ups (Note: if pick-up is scheduled less than 3 hours before Equipment Center closing, the grace period expires at closing).
- Reservations not picked up after 3 hours will be logged as a "No Show" and voided.
- You are fully responsible for all equipment. Check all items and test them thoroughly before signing the contract. If any item is missing or problematic, alert the staff, who will replace it or make a note on the contract.
- No insurance is provided by the university.
Reservations may be made online by logging in to MyNewSchool under the Services tab. Before you login to the reservation system you will be presented with guidelines and policies regarding reservations. Carefully review the guidelines and policies before agreeing to the terms and proceeding to the reservation system.
To assist you in the reservation process please refer to the Equipment Center Reservation Guide (PDF), which will show you how to get started reserving equipment.
Faculty can use the Equipment Center Faculty Guide (PDF), for additional features.
Before reserving or checking out equipment, please review the policies and guidelines available in MyNewSchool under the “Book Equipment for Pick-up” link. Failure to comply with these policies may result in fees, restrictions to your equipment access or a hold on your university student account.
Degree or credit-seeking students registered for the current academic term may petition for an exception to standard policies or procedures. Petitions for exceptions to existing access policies are made online by logging in to MyNewSchool under the Student tab. The Special Access Request form is available in the Student Equipment Center Reservation Guidelines and Policies page.