The Equipment Center offers reservation and checkout of audio and video production equipment for field and studio use. A list of available field production equipment can be found on the Equipment Center Kit Details
(PDF) guide. The Equipment Center In-House Gear
(PDF) guide details the studio production gear available for use with the Arnhold Hall 8th fl. audio and video suites.
Degree or Credit-Seeking Students
Reservations for field equipment may be made online at least 24 hrs. in advance, with a maximum duration of 4 days, by logging in to MyNewSchool > Information Technology and selecting “Book Equipment for Pick-up” under the Student or Faculty tab. Walk-in checkouts of field equipment may be made on a first-come, first-served basis, with a maximum duration of 2 days (48 hrs.).
Studio gear is available on a walk-in only basis, and must be returned by Equipment Center closing the same day.
The Equipment Center is located at 55 West 13th St, Rm. 921.
Please review the below items regarding use of Equipment Center items
- You should have prior knowledge of the equipment requested. No training is provided. To assist you, there are tip sheets available online and on-site. There is also a nearby testing area when you pick up your equipment where you can practice hands-on.
- You have the option to decline pick-up for any reason, but you must come in person on your scheduled pick-up day, prior to the scheduled pick-up time, in order to do so. Otherwise, you are logged as a "No Show" and your reservation is voided.
- You must pick up your equipment in person at the scheduled start time. There is a 3 hour grace period for pick-ups (Note: if pick-up is scheduled less than 3 hours before Equipment Center closing, the grace period expires at closing).
- Reservations not picked up after 3 hours will be logged as a "No Show" and voided.
- Bring your New School ID. Your New School photo ID is the only ID accepted.
- You are fully responsible for all equipment. Check all items and test them thoroughly before signing the contract. If any item is missing or problematic, alert the staff, who will replace it or make a note on the contract.
- No insurance is provided by the university.
Reservations may be made online by logging in to MyNewSchool under the Student tab. Before you login to the reservation system you will be presented with guidelines and policies regarding reservations. Carefully review the guidelines and policies before agreeing to the terms and proceeding to the reservation system.
To assist you in the reservation process please refer to the Equipment Center Reservation Guide (PDF), which will show you how to get started reserving equipment.
Faculty can use the Equipment Center Faculty Guide (PDF), for additional features.
Before reserving or checking out equipment, please review the policies and guidelines available in MyNewSchool under the “Book Equipment for Pick-up” link. Failure to comply with these policies may result in fees, restrictions to your equipment access or a hold on your university student account.
Degree or credit-seeking students registered for the current academic term may petition for an exception to standard policies or procedures. Petitions for exceptions to existing access pocilies are made online by logging in to MyNewSchool
under the Student tab. The Special Access Request form is available in the Student Equipment Center Reservation Guidelines and Policies page.