edu Services (formerly Academic Technology) supports the installed audio-visual technology in classrooms throughout campus, providing faculty with the tools needed to present materials to their students. Equipment typically includes an LCD projector with a push-button/touch-panel controller, a Mac or Windows PC workstation, and video decks (DVD, BluRay, VHS).
Technology classrooms are opened during the academic term, following the university calendar. Please also consult today's classroom schedule
to determine when classrooms are not in use and may be accessed.
Classroom computers are configured for autologin. If not already logged in, your can either restart the workstations or enter the default login: newschool, leave password blank.
Faculty training may be scheduled with Events IT (formerly Media Services) at 212.229.5300, x2310 or by email at email@example.com.
- Unless otherwise specified, each classroom is equipped with: LCD projector with sound, laptop A/V and network connection & auxilliary RCA video connection.
- Mac laptop users must supply their own VGA-DVI adapters for connection to the projection system.
- Multi-Region DVDs: all classroom computer stations have VLC Media Player software installed, which can play many types of non-Region 1 DVDs (ie., those produced outside of the U.S. & Canada). If you are unable play your disc in the stand-alone DVD/Blu-ray player, load it into the computer's CD drive and launch VLC under Start / Apple menu > Media Players > VLC media player.
- Please use our Contact edu Services (formerly Academic Technology) form for non-urgent issues.
- Rooms listed as "available soon" are still undergoing installation. Events IT (formerly Media Services) is pleased to provide replacement equipment during this process.
- Schedule AV Delivery and Event Support in MyNewSchool.