edu Services supports the installed audio-visual technology in classrooms throughout campus, providing faculty with the tools needed to present materials to their students. Equipment typically includes an LCD projector with a push-button/touch-panel controller, a Mac or Windows PC workstation, and video decks (DVD, BluRay, VHS).
Technology classrooms are opened during the academic term, following the university calendar. Please also consult today's classroom schedule
to determine when classrooms are not in use and may be accessed.
The edu Services Supported Spaces
(doc) provides a list of installed equipment and instructions for operating the projection system, which includes a telephone number for technical support.
Classroom computers are configured for autologin. If not already logged in, your can either restart the workstations or enter the default login: newschool, leave password blank.
Faculty training may be scheduled with Events IT at 212.229.5300, x2310 or by email at email@example.com.
- Unless otherwise specified, each classroom is equipped with: LCD projector with sound, laptop A/V and network connection & auxiliary RCA video connection.
- Mac laptop users must supply their own VGA-DVI adapters for connection to the projection system.
- Multi-Region DVDs: all classroom computer stations have VLC Media Player software installed, which can play many types of non-Region 1 DVDs (ie., those produced outside of the U.S. & Canada). If you are unable play your disc in the stand-alone DVD/Blu-ray player, load it into the computer's CD drive and launch VLC under Start / Apple menu > Media Players > VLC media player.
- Rooms listed as "available soon" are still undergoing installation. Events IT is pleased to provide replacement equipment during this process.
- Schedule AV Delivery and Event Support in MyNewSchool.