The Information Technology department has undergone a major reorganization to align our office with The New School’s strategic priorities, provide an enhanced level of service across the university, and become a valued partner to all New School constituents.
The department is now organized into four major areas:
- edu Services – support for learning, instruction, scholarship, and research, which includes the IT Service Desk for desktop and mobile support; Learning Space Management for classrooms and computer labs, both on campus and virtual; and Events IT (formerly Media Services)
- Enterprise Operations – management, design, planning, and security of major technology infrastructure; Integrated Communication Services, for telephone and data network services; and enterprise software administration, supporting a range of essential university services
- Enterprise Applications – application development and support for university enterprise administrative systems, including Student Information System, HR System, Financial System, Advance, Brio/Hyperion, and Banner integrated applications
- Office of the Senior Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer – IT Strategic planning, IT policies and compliance, Project Management, application performance, and IT-related finance, contracts, and facilities support
Important enhancements include the following:
- IT Service Desk – a centralized, integrated IT Service Desk providing a single point of support for the entire university. Every request for IT assistance will be directed here to ensure consistent and timely service. We have created a new, easy-to-remember phone extension: HELP (x4357). A new email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, has also been introduced. All older support phone numbers and email will be forwarded to these new points of contact. In September 2014, we will move to a centralized location at 72 Fifth Avenue.
- Relationship Managers – One relationship manager focuses on students, and another focuses on faculty and staff. Relationship managers are your direct IT contacts for questions, concerns, and comments that require more than communication with the Service Desk. They are your immediate escalation contacts for service issues and will reach out to you proactively to keep you informed. They are an open door to our department for all IT-related matters and can help you when you are not sure to whom to direct requests.
- Project Management Office – an integrated team that will work with you to plan and implement large technology projects, ensuring that such initiatives are successful, on time, and on budget.
- Consolidated Server and Network Area – All core IT infrastructure services have been consolidated to provide a seamless core technology operation to the whole university.
- Web Application Development Group – a new unit to develop Internet applications quickly and support responsive Web applications.
We look forward to supporting the university effectively and acting as strategic partners to everyone at The New School.