Procedures and Forms

For a complete list of University polices and procedures, employees should visit, click the employee tab, and locate the Human Resources section on the page.

Hiring Process

All hiring of Administrative (full-time and part-time), Union, Full-time Faculty, and Miscellaneous assignments must receive approval from the appropriate department budget representative and/or University representative before commencing hiring procedures.

For more information you may contact the Staffing Services Department.

Payroll Authorization Form (PRA)

Please be aware of submission and processing time constraints established by the payroll department. Visit the Payroll Schedule web page for a list of key dates. Hiring managers must always review documents for completeness prior to submission to the Human Resources Department.

Completing a PRA for a HIRE/RE-ASSIGNMENT/STATUS CHANGE/TITLE CHANGES A PRA should be completed for all hires, re-assignments, employee status changes, title changes, on-campus employment student assignments and miscellaneous payments.

Below is the required information that must be included on the PRA.

  1. Type of assignment (new hire, promotion, etc.)
  2. Beginning and end dates
  3. Correct FOAP number
  4. N# and name of both Supervisor and approver (ONLY FOR HOURLY RATE ASSIGNMENTS)
  5. Appropriate approval of Dean's Office/Local Budget (Office of Administration), University Budget and Provost, if necessary.

Please be aware of Payroll/HR PRA submission deadlines before submitting your PRA.


All employee voluntary or involuntary terminations must be forward to the HR office immediately. A PRA must be submitted upon notification of the termination including the following information.

  • Terminating employee's information at the top
  • Effective Date of Termination and/or Last Day Worked (if different from Effective Date of Termination)
  • Reason for Termination (Involuntary, Transfer/Promotion, etc.)
  • Signature approval of Dean's Office/Local Budget (Office of Administration)
  • Employee's resignation letter, which must indicate the employee's last day of work

Please ensure that all quarterly leave reports for the terminating employee have been submitted to HR. You may request a list of any outstanding leave report from

For information regarding involuntary terminations of employment and payments of unused vacation leave, please refer to the Institutional Policies and Procedures Manual at

Administrative Leaves

The following is a brief overview regarding vacation and floating holiday accrual information. For more information on these and other types of leaves, please refer to the Institutional Policies and Procedures Manual at

Time-Off Benefits

Full-Time administrative staff and Regular Part-Time administrative staff working at least 20 hours per week are entitled to the following time off benefits:


Full-Time administrative staff and Regular Part-Time administrative staff accrue vacation days each pay period within a fiscal year. The fiscal year begins on July 1st and ends on June 30th. A maximum of twenty-two (22) vacation days per fiscal year can be earned as a Full-Time administrative staff member. Regular Part-Time administrative staff members accrue vacation days on a prorated basis.

You must have completed at least six (6) months of service before you can use any accrued vacation leave.

As of July 1, 2012, employees may carry over up to 44 earned vacation days per fiscal year. The maximum carry over is being decreased according to the following schedule between 2012 and 2015:   

  •  effective September 2, 2013, the maximum carry over is 33 days
  • effective September 1, 2014, the maximum carry over is 22 days
  • effective September 7, 2015, the maximum carry over is 11 days

Vacation accrual in excess of the maximum carry over currently in effect must be used by the dates indicated above.  If the excess vacation days are not used by those dates, the excess vacation days will be forfeited.  There is no provision for pay in lieu of earned vacation, except at termination of employment and only to the maximum of accrual plus then-allowed carry over.

Part-time administrators' vacation carry over will be pro-rated. Please note that there will be no change to the 22 days (or pro-rated amount for part-time staff) of vacation leave accrued by administrative staff at this time. There will also be no waivers of this fiscal year end carry-over policy, so all administrative employees are encouraged to speak with their supervisors and begin planning their vacation time to avoid the loss of any earned time throughout the transition period.

Floating Holidays

All full-time non-union staff will accrue floating holiday credits at the rate of one day per quarter:
July 1, October 1, January 1 and April 1st.

Floating holiday credits not used by June 30th will be forfeited. For further details, please contact

Quarterly Leave Report

1st Quarter (July-Sept) 2nd Quarter (Oct-Dec) 3rd Quarter (Jan-March) 4th Quarter (Apr-June)
2013-2014 Report (Online Form)      
2012-2013 Report (PDF) Report (PDF) Report (PDF) Report (PDF)
2011-2012 Report (PDF) Report (PDF) Report (PDF) Report (PDF)
2010-2011 Report (PDF) Report (PDF) Report (PDF) Report (PDF)
2009-2010 Report (PDF) Report (PDF) Report (PDF) Report (PDF)
2008-2009 Report (PDF) Report (PDF) Report (PDF) Report (PDF)
2007-2008 Report (PDF) Report (PDF) Report (PDf) Report (PDF)
2006-2007 Report (PDF) Report (PDf) Report (PDF) Report (PDF)
2005-2006 Report (PDF) Report (PDF) Report (PDf) Report (PDF)

Local 1205 Leave Policy

Please refer to the Local 1205 union contract for details on leave information.

Summer Friday Close Policy

Please refer to the policy memo and proposed work schedule memo.

Payroll Schedule

Please visit the Payroll Schedule web page to view and print the latest schedule of timesheet and PRA deadline dates.

Time Sheets

Time sheets must be submitted to the payroll department within the deadlines noted on the Payroll Schedule web page. For more information, you may visit Payroll Department or contact

Student employment processing and timesheets

Visit student services for information.

Questions and Answers

What is the process of getting a school ID for a new employee?
For more information you may visit New School New Card web page.

How do I get my new employee an email account?
Authorized requesters in the divisions/central offices must be notified in advance before a new employee begins employment. To find out who is an authorized requestor in your division/office, please contact Please note that creation of email accounts will take approximately 5–7 business days.

Connect with the New School