All new or rehired part-time faculty members who
have not previously attended an orientation are required to attend
one. If you missed the January 23, 2013 orientation, you must review the materials listed below which covers topics regarding
the part-time faculty union, benefits, general pay, student services and
important academic information. If you have questions regarding this information, please contact Annie Wong in Human Resources at email@example.com.
Here is a short checklist to help you manage your administrative priorities. You should have the following tasks completed before your first day of class:
- Get your Banner ID # from your division representative.
- Obtain a university photo ID (NEWcard) (contact your department or dean's office if you need help with this).
- Go to my.newschool.edu and activate your electronic faculty account.
- Access BlackBoard, ALVIN, and New School email via my.newschool.edu.
Follow the links and take these required online tutorials.
- Part-Time Faculty Policies Online Tutorial
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Sexual Harassment Prevention
Check your university email (via my.newschool.edu
) frequently for important announcements and updates.