Corporate Contributions Policy
We welcome opportunities to advance the strategic needs of the university through endeavors with corporate partners who are aligned with the values of The New School.
The New School is committed to establishing meaningful and long-lasting relationships with our corporate supporters. We welcome opportunities to advance the strategic needs of the university through endeavors with corporate partners who are aligned with the values of The New School. Open communication and the responsible stewardship of philanthropic gifts provide a strong foundation for university partnerships with the corporate community.
In recognition of the value and importance of corporate support, The New School has developed the following guidelines to promote positive experiences with our corporate supporters:
- In accepting any support from a corporation, The New School includes (when applicable) the corporation on its list of funders, and provides attribution to the corporation on publications and other materials made possible by the funds.
- Any funds to The New School cannot compromise the university's ability to independently advance its academic goals and priorities. While we value these partnerships, the New School's staff and board of trustees have ultimate control over all of the university's activities.
- In accepting corporate support, The New School does not endorse or support the activities, products, or positions of any business. The university is not a part of any internal marketing of products or services and does not make any university mailing lists available for commercial use.
- To help ensure accuracy in public information, The New School consults the funder before using the organization's name or logo on press releases and marketing materials. In turn, The New School expects to be provided with the opportunity to review drafts of similar materials produced by the corporate supporter.
- The New School reserves the right to refuse a corporate contribution for any reason.