A poet’s work involves passion, fearlessness, and a flash of inspiration. PEN World Voices Festival teams up with The Poetry Society of America to present this thoughtful, elegantly staged evening of readings and dialogue on the importance of moral courage and bravery in the creation of poetry.
- Paul Auster on George Oppen
- Yusef Komunyakaa on Muriel Rukeyser
- Mary Karr on Zbigniew Herbert
- Henri Cole on James Merrill
- Edward Hirsch on Joseph Brodsky
- Eileen Miles on Akilah Oliver
- Hilton Als on Brenda Shaughnessy
Co-sponsored by PEN, The New School, and the
Poetry Society of America.