This event is an opportunity to get involved in the New School's school-wide response to climate change, organized as part of the New School's Coalition to Confront Climate Change Challenges in Cities, C6.
What programs, courses, and student activities are addressing climate change now? What could and should the university be doing, collaboratively, to better address social, political, environmental, and structural change in NYC and beyond? We need your input!
These questions will be addressed by New School faculty in an effort to find ways for the university to promote urban resilience in the face of climate change both in NYC and more broadly.
- Lopamudra Banerjee, Assistant Professor of Economics, The New School for Social Research and Eugene Lang College The New School for Liberal Arts
- John Clinton, Director, Environmental Policy and Sustainability Management, Associate Professor, New School for Public Engagement
- Paul Goldberger, Joseph Urban Professor of Design, School of Constructed Environments, Parsons The New School for Design (Moderator)
- David Lewis, Associate Professor of Architecture, Dean, School of Constructed Environments, Parsons The New School for Design
- Willi Semmler, Professor of Economics, New School for Social Research
- Joel Towers, Associate Professor of Architecture and Sustainable Design, Executive Dean, Parsons The New School for Design (Introduction)
NOTE: This event immediately follows the New Challenge event in Kellen from 2:00pm-4:00pm. This is a follow up to the email sent to all New School faculty, asking for details on courses and projects related to Climate Change. Also see the calendar entry for the David Orr lecture (as part of the Michael Kalil Endowment for Smart Design) on March 7.
This event is open to the University community.