- 5:00 p.m.
The Photographic Universe II brings together a range of leading practitioners, scientists, theoreticians, historians, and philosophers to consider and reflect on current discussions in photography at a pivotal moment in its history. The unique format of the conference will consist of one-on-one conversations between two individuals from disparate professional and research backgrounds. The conference will conclude with a roundtable focusing on photographic education.
Wednesday, April 10 – The Technical Image
- 9:00-9:30 a.m. - Introduction
- 9:45-10:45 a.m. - Katrina Sluis with Eric Saltzman
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. - Marvin Heiferman with Andreas Velten
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. - Lunch
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. - Laurel Ptak with Andrew Norman Wilson
- 2:15-3:15 p.m. - Mia Fineman with Fred Ritchin
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. - Thomas Keenan with Ariella Azoulay
Sponsors: AMT, The Vera List Center for Art and Politics, NSPE, and the Aperture Foundation.