- 7:00 p.m.
The 2013 AFTERTASTE symposium will address interior experience through close examination of the way objects in space inform inhabitation, influence perception and create social dynamics. Things that occupy space are both props for the designer’s vision and projections of the inhabitant’s psyche. Objects and furniture choreograph human performance. They provide function, influence atmosphere and inspire nostalgia.
AFTERTASTE, now in its 7th season, is a series of talks and conversations dedicated to the critical review of interior design. This forum is intended as an expansive meditation on the concept of the interior environment and its constituent elements.
- Jonas Damon, creative director Frog Design / independent designer.
- Akiko Busch, writer/design critic.
- Fritz Karch, collector.
- Mia Lundström, Creative Director, Ikea
- Leonard Koren, design philosopher.
- Hannah Plumb & James Russell of JamesPlumb, designers / artists
- Jonathan Schroeder & Janet Borgerson, professors of Consumer Research & Business Philosophy
For more information on the AFTERTASTE symposium series, please visit http://sce.parsons.edu/labs/aftertaste/at2013/