Political campaigns have revolutionized the way they target, contact and motivate supporters. Strategists are taking the insights of experimental social science and marrying them to the corporate world's Big Data marketing tools. The Obama Campaign won in large part by using statistical modeling techniques to identify persuadable voters and to fine-tune persuasive messages. This is politics today and in the future—not only for elections but on issue campaigns for education reform, health care, the environment, labor rights and beyond. Who are the pioneers? And how might you apply their the strategies?
Event will be live online starting at 6 pm EST. Livestream link: new.livestream.com/TheNewSchool/Obama-Strategy
- Maggie Haberman, senior political writer, POLITICO
- Sasha Issenberg, reporter, Slate, and author of The Victory Lab: The Secret Science of Winning Campaigns.
- Jonathan Rosen, principal and co-founder, BerlinRosen
- Jeff Smith, assistant professor of politics and advocacy, Milano School of International Affairs, Management, and Urban Policy
- Blake Zeff, political strategist, writer and commentator
Supported by the Milano Foundation.