- 8:30 p.m.
The United Nations continues to be the world's most influential international forum, but the path to employment within its multiple bodies and programs is often a challenging task.
In this seminar you will learn:
• How to understand the various bodies of the U.N. system: What are they and which are currently hiring?
• Realities vs. misconceptions: What degree do I need? What are the requirements? What can I expect to earn?
• What U.N. employers are currently recruiting for: Resume and cover letter tips, networking advice, and application guidance
• How to prepare for the U.N. Secretariat Young Professionals Program
• About training programs, internships, consultancies, and other non-traditional points of entry into U.N. employment
All attendees receive:
• The FPA Intro Guide to a Career with the U.N. Tool Book
• Enrollment in the Foreign Policy Association Global Jobs email alerts
• Light food and drink during networking/Q&A session
Who should attend this seminar?
• Undergraduate and graduate students considering or preparing for a career at the U.N.
• Young professionals interested in beginning a career at the U.N.
• Mid-career professionals transitioning to a career at the U.N.
Keynote speaker: Katarina Holm-Didio – International Affairs Career Coach