- 10:30 a.m.
Presented by the Center for New York City Affairs and Insideschools.org.
What matters most in high school? Graduation rates and Regents test scores? College-oriented academics, supportive teachers - or extra-curricular activities? All of these things matter to students, but inside information is hard to find. There is also intense debate about what makes for a "good" high school and how this can be measured.
The Center for New York City Affairs and Insideschools.org will unveil Inside Stats, a new high school scorecard designed to provide a well-rounded picture of NYC's high schools using the data available now. But are there better ways to measure our schools?
Watch event video
- Charissa Fernandez, chief operating officer, The After-School Corporation (TASC)
- Robert Hughes, president, New Visions for Public Schools
- Martin Kurzweil, senior executive director for Research, Accountability and Data, NYC DOE
- Miriam Nightengale, principal, Columbia Secondary School for Math, Science & Engineering
- Jacqueline Wayans, Bronx parent leader, Insideschools.org
Moderated by Clara Hemphill, Insideschools.org
Supported by the Donors’ Education Collaborative, the Sirus Fund and the Milano Foundation.