1. Social Research: An International Quarterly publishes four thematic issues each year. We are not a peer-reviewed journal; the great majority of the papers we publish are by invitation. We do occasionally publish nonthematic issues for which we will consider unsolicited manuscripts. Please familiarize yourself with the sort of articles we publish before sending a submission. Information about back issues and forthcoming issues is available on our web site at www.socres.org. If a nonthematic issue is not listed as forthcoming, it means we are not currently planning one.
2. Article manuscripts should be approximately 8,000 words in length, including all endnotes notes and references. Please send us a hard copy or .pdf file of your paper as well as either a Word or WordPerfect file.
3. Place the title of your article; your name and contact information (including mailing address), your abstract or summary, and any acknowledgments on the first page of manuscript.
4. Bear in mind that Social Research does not use footnotes. References are cited within the text and listed at the end of the paper, and all notes are provided as endnotes. We urge our authors to limit their references only to sources directly cited in the article, and further, to avoid citing sources merely as further reading.
5. Articles may include up to a total of five visuals (images, figures, graphs, or tables). Authors are responsible for obtaining all permission and providing Social Research with a copy of the permission and complete captions, including credit lines.
6. If accepted, manuscripts and visuals (images, figures, graphs, and tables) must be formatted for publication according to the Social Research style and image guidelines. These guidelines will be provided upon acceptance. However, for submission purposes, any format is acceptable, and low resolution images may be included within the manuscript.
7. Submitted manuscripts must be accompanied by the author’s CV.
8. Submissions may be emailed to the editor’s attention at email@example.com or mailed to the editor at Social Research, 80 Fifth Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10011, USA.
9. Please allow at least four months for a response. Because of our skeletal staff, we are unable to provide feedback on submitted manuscripts.
Thank you for your interest in Social Research.