Strategic Messaging and Communications
The PUBLIC RELATIONS team manages communication about the university for both internal and external audiences. The department handles strategic messaging, media relations, crisis communications, and internal communications.
- Raises awareness about the university, its leadership, faculty, and students by generating positive media coverage
- Serves as the university's liaison to print, broadcast, and online media
- Oversees communications during crisis situations
- Writes, edits, and promotes internal news blog, media blog for the press, faculty expert website, university event calendar, and major university announcements
- Coordinates social media communications strategies for The New School with the Social Media office
- Manages community relations
Vice President for Communications and External Affairs, Peter Taback
SOCIAL MEDIA develops and oversees a comprehensive social media strategy for The New School.
Social Media Director, Christopher Fleener
The EDITORIAL SERVICES staff develops and edits written content for academic and administrative departments of The New School. The department's writers and editors strive to make texts accurate, readable, engaging, consistent, and appropriate for the intended audience.
- Writes, edits, and researches hundreds of projects annually, including search pieces, viewbooks, advertisements, email marketing campaigns, the annual report, and content on the university website
- Copyedits texts written by administrative and academic departments, including for the university website, recruitment materials, course catalogs, student services materials, public programs, marketing materials, and alumni newsletters
- Maintains the university's editorial style guide
Director of Editorial Services, David Worley