Here are guidelines for creating a custom email signature in The New School Google Apps system. Please note that these directions are will only work within the Gmail environment and will be different for an email client (Outlook, Apple Mail, etc).
Creating your "Gmail Signature"
- Open Gmail.
- Click on the cog icon in the top right of the Gmail window and select "Mail Settings."
- Scroll down the page to the "Signature" area.
- Copy the "Starter Email Signature" text (below) into memory using either control-c (Windows)
or command-c (Mac).
- Paste in your signature text and make the required changes to make it unique to you.
- Highlight all the text and make the following changes to the text:
Highlight your name and make its color 0, 0, 0 (black), using the Gmail text color tool.
Highlight "The New School" and make its color 255, 102, 0 (orange), using the Gmail text color tool.
Highlight any links (email or URL) one at a time and make their color 204, 0, 0 (red), using the Gmail text
- Set the font to "Sans Serif," using the Gmail text font style tool.
- Set the size to be "Small," using the Gmail text size tool.
- Set the color to be 153, 153, 153 (grey), using the Gmail text color tool.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save."
Your signature should now appear at the bottom of any new email message created within the new Google Apps
Starter Email Signature
YOUR NAME | THE NEW SCHOOL
YOUR TITLE | YOUR DIVISION OR DEPARTMENT
YOUR ADDRESS, NEW YORK, NY XXXXX
P | XXX.XXX.XXX xXXXX F | XXX.XXX.XXXX
E | XXXX@newschool.edu URL | www.newschool.edu/XXXX/