Additional State Authorization Information


The New School is exempt from authorization in the state of Alaska under AS 14.48 because programs are offered solely through online or distance delivery and do not have a physical presence in the state of Alaska. 20 AAC 17.9000(a)(12) defines physical presence of a facility, equipment, faculty, or staff within the state. 


Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board certification does not constitute an endorsement of any institution, course, or degree program. Such certification merely indicates that certain minimum standards have been met under the rules and regulations of institutional certification as defined in Arkansas Code ยง6-61-301.


The New School is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.

South Carolina

The New School does not imply, promise, or guarantee that credits earned at the university will transfer to other institutions, since such determinations are made according to the policies of the receiving institution. If you are considering transferring to another school, it is your responsibility to determine whether that school will accept your academic credits. You are encouraged to make this determination as early as possible.


The New School (1) is not regulated in Texas under Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code and (2) is regulated by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) (further details are available here). The process for filling a complaint in the state of Texas is available online; details for contacting our accrediting agencies are available on The New School's website.

Connect with the New School