Center for Student Success
Students and Alumni
Mannes and the Center for Student Success - Careers makes every effort to provide its students and alumni with current information about the opportunities and challenges they will encounter in the music world and offers practical assistance to help them launch successful careers.
- Information about Graduate School; Effective Job Search Strategies; Producing Recording Projects; Developing Websites and Press Kits; Finding, Negotiating and Contracting Performance Opportunities; Approaching Music Teaching Jobs; and Music Licensing
- Workshops, Panels, Networking Events, and Career/Internship Fairs
- Mannes Career Services Blog: music festivals, competitions, graduate programs, and seminars and panel discussions conducted by active New York City professional musicians
- Career Successlink: online job board system that provides you with the capabilities to access and manage your job and internship applications, calendar of workshops, fairs and events, schedule career counseling/advising appointments, as well as view employers coming on-campus
- Guides: Music, Media and Entertainment Industry Internship Guide, ArtSearch, Music Business and Education and Classical Music Career Resources and NEC Bridge
The Center for Student Success - Careers connects employers with New School students seeking internships and part-time and full-time employment and alumni seeking career employment. Whatever kinds of positions you are trying to fill, the best way to get the word out to New School students and alumni is to set up an account and post your opportunities on one of our online job boards.
Register your company on Career Successlink and post your internships and part-time and full-time positions. You can also use this tool to sign up to participate in New School Internship/Career Fairs and our On-Campus Recruiting program.
Local Non-Professional Jobs & Temporary PositionsLINK
This is a specialized platform, used to share part-time job listings, such as tutoring and childcare, offered by residents and businesses in The New School’s neighborhood, including some on-campus and seasonal positions. If you are interested in hiring a New School student for a local part-time job, complete the Part-time Joblink information form in its entirety. This will help you find a suitable student for your position. A member of the Student Success - Careers staff will contact you after we review the information you provide.
We are always happy to answer any questions employers may have about recruiting New School students: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.229.1324.