Send Your Tuition Deposit (required)

To accept your offer of admission and reserve your place in the class, visit and use the online system to pay your admission tuition deposit by the date stated in your acceptance letter. If you are a first time user, look up your net ID for your user name and enter your date of birth as your password (MMDDYY format). If you are a returning user, please use your current log in information. If your password does not work, click the link that says Reset Your Password. 

Submit Your Immunization Form (required): Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Meningococcal Disease

The completed form and required documentation must be received before you can register for classes.

You can download the immunization form from the Student Health Services website. Send the form with the supporting documentation by fax, email, or mail as instructed on the form. You must complete the meningitis section on the form verifying that you have read the material about meningococcal disease distributed by The New School. If you wish more information, you can also read vaccine information (PDF) provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Submit Your Final Academic Transcript (required of all students with outstanding final transcripts)

If you recently graduated, it is likely that the transcript you submitted with you application was not a final transcript that includes your graduation date. To finalize your admission at The New School, you must request a final transcript with your graduation date to be sent in a sealed envelope from your prior school for submission to the New School admission office.

Check Your Financial Aid Status

In order to receive financial aid, U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens must submit the Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) at The New School code is 002780. Read carefully all the comments on your Student Aid Report (SAR) and follow up as necessary. Information about applying for financial aid and financing options available for all students can be found on the Student Financial Services website. If you have been awarded a scholarship and/or are eligible for financial aid and have a completed application on file, you will also be able to use to check your status online. In addition, students who are not US citizens or permanent residents will find links for completing necessary forms. Follow the same log in instructions as above. You can also find the URL in your admit letter.

Apply for University Housing (if interested in living on campus)

Review housing rates and apply for student housing online at Student Housing and Residence Life. Priority deadlines are July 1 (fall semester) and December 1 (spring semester). After the priority deadline, housing assignments will be made as space is available. Note: Housing applications will not be processed until both your tuition and housing deposits have been received.

Review Student Health Insurance Requirement and the Waiver Option (required)

All degree-seeking students are automatically enrolled in on-campus Student Health Services and Student Accident and Sickness Insurance provided for The New School by Aetna Student Health. If you are otherwise insured, you must waive your coverage by submitting the online Student Health Waiver Form. Be sure to visit Student Health Services (select "Health Insurance Plan") to review your eligibility status.

Complete International Student Services Forms (required for international students applying for I-20 or DS-2019)

International students who need to apply for the I-20 or DS-2019 forms received a link to the International Student Application Packet website in their acceptance letters. The website includes information about how to apply for the I-20 or DS-2019, guidelines for financial documents, instructions, and procedures for F–1 transfers, and other important forms and information. If you have not received this link, contact the Office of Admission immediately. Visit International Student Services online regularly for up-to-date information about policies and procedures.

Students Requiring Special Accommodations: Contact Student Disability Services

The Office of Student Disability Services is committed to helping students with disabilities obtain equal access to academic services. For more information and to request accommodation, visit Student Disability Services.

Request Dining Services (optional for students not automatically enrolled through a residence hall)

Meal plans are available to all matriculated students. If you enroll in a meal plan you can present your ID card at campus dining facilities for meals, snacks, or convenience items. Students residing in certain residence halls are required to enroll in the meal plan (see your housing application). Visit the Student Services Meal Plan website for more information.

Connect with the New School